NC Admin Boot Camp 2018
2018 Call for Nominations
Dates: June 19-21, 2018
Location: Crowne Plaza Detroit Riverfront Hotel, 2 Washington Blvd, Detroit, Michigan.
Cost: The cost of participating in the Boot Camp is $325 per person.
Meeting Hashtag: #NCAdminBootCamp
We invite you to nominate faculty and staff from your institution for an innovative training program on administrative management. This intensive management “Boot Camp” is especially relevant for those new to Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service leadership positions, such as Assistant and Associate Deans/Directors, Program Leaders, Department Heads/Chairs and Center Directors. This unique experience will focus on building skills and confidence as effective managers within our Land-grant Universities. Participants will have the opportunity to network and:
- engage with top administrators from AES and CES in the North Central Region on their thoughts and advice of what it takes to lead, manage, and address key challenges in personnel and fiscal matters;
- assess their own management and leadership skills, and what they can do to enhance those skill sets;
- learn how to create an environment of trust and positive organizational culture;
- enhance recruiting, hiring and retaining talent especially in the context of inclusive excellence;
- address challenges of extramural and intermural fund management; and
- identify ways of managing financial resources, generating revenue, and distributing accountability.
The North Central Region’s Management Boot Camp features distinguished administrators and professionals as instructors and facilitators in an informal and interactive setting. They bring decades of experience with principles and practices that are necessary for administrative management success.
Nominated participants will comprise a cohort of recent administrative hires who will engage in pre-event activities that may include conference calls, a webinar, pre-work, self-study and self-assessment, which will lead to a rich, stimulating and long-lasting impact on their administrative management skill set. The Boot Camp will be conducted over three days (two overnights). More information will be available on a future website.
NCCEA and NCRA Directors are asked to jointly identify individuals from their institution by May 1, 2018. Please provide the following for each nominee:
- When the person assumed (or will assume the position):
- Contact information (email and phone number):
Nominations are to be submitted directly to both of us (our contact information follows, below).
The Boot Camp’s Planning Committee will review the nominations and notify participants by May 10. The Planning Committee highly encourages the nomination of AES and CES—based individuals, so that each of the states in the North Central Region will have at least two participants for a total cohort of 25. Directors will be required to support the travel, lodging and per diem of their participants. NCCEA and NCRA are co-sponsors of the Boot Camp.
Please feel free to contact with of us with questions at any time.
Robin Shepard, NCCEA Executive Director (NCCEA@uwex.edu)
Jeff Jacobsen, NCRA Executive Director (email@example.com)