NC ANR Academy for the 21st Century Extension Professional
The North Central Agricultural and Natural Resources (NC ANR) Academy is dedicated to the preparation of Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) field-based Extension professionals for the 21st Century. The program includes a multi-session, multi-venue Academy for ANR field faculty/staff in the North Central Region with the focus on developing the next generation of ANR Extension Professionals. While the format is similar to NELD, the focus has been on-the-ground technical and soft skills that expose participants to critical issues and build their capacity to develop and deliver extension education programs to a rapidly evolving commercial agriculture. Each Academy consisted of four three-day workshops at different locations across the North Central Region. Each cohort (2015, 2017) included up to two cropping educators from each North Central state.
Following is a list of project pages. Each page includes a description of each project, team members, a link to program resources and a link to their recorded videoconference presentation.
NC ANR Cropping Academy – Cohort #1 Project Webinars and Related Resources (2015)
- Climate Resources for Extension
- The Nitrogen Experience - 21st Century Nitrogen Fertilizer Management
- On-Line Resources for Managing Cover Crops in the North Central Region
- Soil Health and Rainfall Simulator Curriculum
- North Central Cropping Systems Academy – Pesticide Resistance
- Using Take Action Resources to Manage Herbicide Resistant Weeds
NC ANR Cropping Academy – Cohort #2 Project Project Webinars and Related Resources (2017)
- Economic Sustainability Tools for Agronomic Crops – NC Academy
- Understanding Ag Research Tool Package for Extension Educators – 2017 NC ANR Academy
- Equipment Sanitation
- Teaching Agriculture Technology: Educational Resources for Extension Professionals
- Soil Health and Water Quality